The Workforce Development Institute, Inc. (WDI), a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization is seeking a Regional Director for the Lower Hudson Valley/Bronx region. Reporting to the Director of Field Services, the Regional Director will be based in WDI’s White Plains office and will be responsible for identifying and helping to solve workforce-related challenges for businesses, unions and community groups. The ideal candidate will have significant experience in workforce development, which includes identifying workforce opportunities and challenges, and making recommendations around proposed actions. The ideal candidate will also excel at developing and nurturing relationships that result in collaborative partnerships. Significant travel throughout the region, with some statewide travel, is required. WDI Regional Directors must be self-starters, who are politically savvy and are able to work independently and with a remote team.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Become an expert in the regional economy; gain familiarity with local businesses and emerging economic and workforce trends;
- Conduct regular outreach to businesses, unions, government, educational institutions, community groups and other potential partners to collect workforce information including workforce skill gaps, training needs, and job growth opportunities;
- Use information to identify the resources needed to develop or support programs at the demand of employers and industries in the region;
- Share and leverage findings from/with other Regional Directors and with Central Office staff to establish greater organizational understanding of emerging workforce trends;
- Facilitate the WDI grant application process for the region;
- Develop and nurture relationships with other key partners, including but not limited to:
- - Labor Unions, including Area Labor Federations and Central Labor Councils
- - Local workforce and economic development entities
- - Educational institutions including Community Colleges and BOCES
- - Workforce Development Boards
- - Department of Labor and One-Stop Career Centers
- - Regional Economic Development Councils
- Represent WDI with local, state and federal government partners in the region
We are an organization that hires by demonstrated skills and experience regardless of how you attained them. Those we have hired for this position across the state have brought a diversity of backgrounds, skills and educational levels, enriching our team and our work. However, at a minimum the position requires the following:
- Significant prior experience in workforce development. A combination of workforce development and economic development may be substituted.
- Prior success driving change and creating opportunity
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of public policy that may impact workforce growth
- Demonstrated success working independently and as part of a team
- Prior success developing relationships and collaborative partnerships
This is a full-time position (35 hours) with a generous benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, Life, STD and LTD and 403(b).
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com by February 21, 2020. We appreciate your interest in this position, however, only those who will be interviewed will be contacted. We expect to interview during the month of March, 2020. WDI is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
For more information about WDI visit our website at www.wdiny.org