The Workforce Development Institute, Inc. (WDI), a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization is seeking an additional Regional Director for our NYC Region. The NYC Regional Directors are responsible for identifying workforce development-related challenges and opportunities across the five boroughs by performing outreach to unions, businesses, community organizations and government. Regional Directors identify opportunities for WDI to target programming or partner with others to address challenges.
Specific duties include:
· Conduct regular outreach to potential partners, to build relationships and collect data.
· Become knowledgeable about regional resources.
· Facilitate access to WDI grants programs, provide assistance with WDI grant applications.
· Manage WDI grant contracts and outcome process.
· Report findings on growth opportunities and workforce skill gaps.
· Serve as a regional “connector” to facilitate development of workforce programs.
· Provide information about WDI’s activities to state legislators.
This Director will initially be located in Manhattan with a potential satellite location in the Bronx. The position requires significant travel within NYC with occasional travel statewide.
This NYC Regional Director will have practical experience in community, economic or workforce development, think critically about workforce, union, business and job development, and have excellent communication skills. Candidates must have at least 10 years work experience with 5+ in a position requiring similar skill-sets. Candidates who are bilingual in English/Spanish are preferred.
Applicants should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Friday October 5th. Only those who will be interviewed will be contacted.