Through a unique grants program, WDI makes investments that lead to workforce development and economic growth. This program is an “interactive” one, where WDI Regional Directors work directly with a business, union, or other entity to understand the issue at hand, and then help develop a response. This grants program is unique from a few perspectives:
- Hands-on approach: Through direct contact with the applicant, WDI regional staff get a better sense of future growth and workforce issues, and help the company define the problem or opportunity.
- Connections/Facilitation: If additional partners need to be brought in as part of the discussion, WDI regional staff connect with these resources and facilitate discussions.
- Flexibility: WDI’s funding is flexible and can be tailored to meet the needs of the immediate workforce problem or opportunity.
- Measurable Outcomes: WDI regional staff work with organizations to understand the impact to the workforce and to help develop measurable outcomes.
- Streamlined Application Process: We understand that time is money…and jobs. The application process for our grants program, therefore, is designed to help the applicant move quickly on their plans.
Once a grant application is approved, a contract is developed that includes details around the project, requirements for payment, and expectations for completion of an outcome survey. The organization is then free to proceed with the project. At a pre-determined time after the end of the project, the outcome survey is sent to determine the impact of the program.
Read more about the projects we funded last year in our 2021 Impact Report.
For more information about our interactive grants program, contact the Regional Director in your area.